1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Help A few questions

Satix Oct 4, 2016

1. Satix

Satix Member

Hey! I finally finished installing A9LH and Luma 3DS and have a few quick questions regarding CIAs and ROM hacks.

1. If I download a .CIA, am I supposed to "repair" the software through the eShop? I saw one download mention that and want to make sure it doesn't apply to all.

2. Can I update .CIAs safely through the eShop? If so, are there any downsides to this?

3. If I want to get a copy of Rutile Ruby, can I bypass the ASLR patch that prevents me from using my cartridge save?

4. Is there any way without Gateway (I don't have it) to export my physical copies of games to .CIA files?

Thanks in advance!

2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald is a Verified  MemberCha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

@Satix
    1. No you don't have to do it with all cia's, some legit cia's require it though.
    2. Yes you can, obviously only if the game is the correct region for your console, I wouldn't say there is a downside to it. You can always update via a cia of the update if its available if you don't want to do it that way.
    3. Not sure about that one, sorry.
    4. Cartridges can also now be dumped using decrypt9, you can get that here - Releases · d0k3/Decrypt9WIP · GitHub
    It's a new'ish feature that I haven't tried yet but if d0k3 has added it to his tool I'd say it works fine.
    There is another homebrew app called uncart but I don't think it worked too well

3. Satix

Satix Member

Thank you very much for the reply! This was very helpful. :)

Cha0s Em3rald likes this.
  4. sponge9012

sponge9012 Member

i just hold start when im booting and boot to the hourglass 9 armloader hacks menu

theres a feature to dump carts to cia

i dumped like 20 of my carts and then installed them with fbi, everything worked great

iHax Comunity/