1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Release Decrypt9 (WIP) (.3DSX/Launcher.dat)

Cha0s Em3rald Oct 12, 2015

1. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

Decrypt9 (WIP) (.3DSX/Launcher.dat)

This release was originally posted on GBA Temp here
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/

Thanks for allowing me to share it on 3DS Chaos & credit for releasing it goes to d0k3

Yes, I said I won't do updates here, but things have changed. I am now participating in coding of official Decrypt9 (instead of just doing some visual mods) and I am actively adding new features.

This is a work in progress. For you that means that everything you download from here is pretty much bleeding edge, and that means that bugs may be possible. Everything that is released as a binary has been tested at least by me, on my N3DS v9.0.0 via Ninjhax. Still, for your own safety, make a NAND backup, use precaution and always keep your backups handy.

An important request to everyone using this: The success of this highly depends on feedback. An unrecognised bug now may severely hinder development later on. If you're using this, be fair, leave some feedback. Let me know what feature(s) you used, on which system (O3DS / N3DS) and if everything worked as intended. Also, don't write PMs about stuff that can also be discussed in the open.

You can run this only on 3DS consoles on and below v9.2. Bootstrap, Gateway (browser), CakeHax and Ninjhax entry points are available.

My own releases (source code is always up to date):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9/releases
    Source Code: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shadowtrances releases (might miss the newest features):
    Download: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Decrypt9/releases
    Source Code: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Decrypt9
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shadowtrances releases contain a pleasant to look at menu and uses a working directory ("/Decrypt9/") instead of the root directory. Note that the Github source link above leads you to my fork of Decrypt9, changes are pulled into Archshifts official one, but that may take some time, so mine is (probably) more recent but also less tested.

A readme file detailing everything that Decrypt9 can do is included in GitHub, but you may also read it below, behind the spoiler.
    Official Decrypt9 Readme

Credits by Archshift

• Roxas75 for the method of ARM9 code injection
    • Cha(N), Kane49, and all other FatFS contributors for FatFS
    • Normmatt for sdmmc.c as well as project infrastructure (Makefile, linker setup, etc)
    • Relys, sbJFn5r for the decryptor
    Credits by d0k3

• Everyone mentioned by Archshift above
    • Archshift for starting this project and being a great project maintainer
    • patois, delebile, SteveIce10 for Brahma and it's updates
    • mid-kid for CakeHax
    • Shadowtrance, dark_samus3, Syphurith for being of great help developing this
    • profi200 for helpful hints that first made developing some features possible
    • Datalogger, zoogie, atkfromabove, mixups, key1340, k8099 and countless others from the GBAtemp forums for testing, feedback and helpful hints
    • Everyone I forgot about - if you think you deserve to be mentioned, just contact me

2. Cha0s Em3rald

And, a new release!

New features in this release:

• CIA Decryptor (deep), which is in essence a one step cryptofixer
    • Dump Movable.sed from SysNAND / EmuNAND
    • Dump SecureInfo_A from SysNAND / EmuNAND
    • Inject Movable.sed to SysNAND / EmuNAND
    • Inject SecureInfo_A to SysNAND / EmuNAND
    Other new stuff in this release:

• Reorganized Decrypt9 menu
    • Fixed seed crypto detection in ncchinfo_gen.py & ncchinfo_tgen.py
    • Build date is now included in main menu
    • Many under the hood changes
    The killer feature of this one is the deep CIA decryptor, for sure. Encrypted CIAs got to /D9Decrypt/. It should work, for example, with CIAs created via FunkyCIA.py and it will be very helpful with converting CIA theme packs. Keep in mind that this still can't do magic. To deep decrypt CIAs you need, depending on the internal crypto, the correct seeds in your seeddb.bin and/or slot0x25keyX.bin. Also, you'll only get a installable CIA file (sans encryption), if the file was already installable before decryption. Decrypt9 does not do any FW or region spoofing.

The new stuff still has to be tested, and I hope you help me with that. A word of warning, though, the deep CIA decryptor is hellishly slow. Nothing much that can be done about that, but then it might still be the better alternative to all the manual steps this kind of work would otherwise require.

Open questions:

• There is also a shallow CIA decryptor that will leave the internal NCCH containers untouched and only removes the CIA encryption (that is present, for example, in legit CIAs). It is also a lot faster than the deep decryptor. Does this have any use for you, or should it be removed?
    • Would you be interested in a CIA titlekey decryptor? With decrypted CIA titlekeys, you'd be able to (shallow) decrypt CIAs via CTRtool and/or redownload them via CDN.
    • Are there any other files you wish to be able to dump/inject from/to the NAND?
    • Do you think the file dumping/injection options should work differently? If so, how?
    • Do you think Decrypt9 should do FW spoofing for CIAs? Only answer this if you have tested the deep CIA decryptor and know what you're talking about.
    I'm looking forward to your opinions! By the way, if anyone would write a Decrypt9 guide, to answer the frequently added questions in this thread and explain to newbies how the Decrypt9 features work, that person would have my eternal gratitude [​IMG]. I'd also lend a hand with that. Archshifts Decrypt9 now also has almost all of the new features, so that guide would be for a big user base.

3. Cha0s Em3rald

Alright, here's a new release for everyone to test:

• Improved working directory handling
    • Names of working directories are now shown in menu
    • Added Health & Safety dump and inject features for EmuNAND & SysNAND
    • Added SD folder structure decryptor
    • Added hidden PowerOff() function
    • Numerous bug fixes
    • Improved readability of source code

This is how the new working directory handling works:

• Working directory is "/Decrypt9", it will only be used if it is available
    • Even if it is available, files will be searched in "/" if not found in work dir
    • The working directory is also an alternative to "/D9Game", if that does not exist
    • Note: "/D9decrypt" is now "/D9Game", which is more consistent with the names in the menu

For info about using the Healt & Safety Dumper / Injector, and also on how to create valid inject files, see here (or here to discuss). We're still trying to make generating inject files simpler (@Shadowtrance is working on a GUI), but for now this can be considered a safe solution. The injector itself (as well as all other file injector features) is designed so that it will never touch anything but the space of the file to inject. For Health & Safety, the worst that can happen (if you do something wrong) is that Health & Safety vanishes from your menu, and that is still totally fixable (most likely, even for people who are too lazy to do backups).

To use the SD decryptor, you need to manually copy the full folder structure from /Nintendo 3DS// to "/D9Game". Of course you need to copy only what you need decrypted. The hidden PowerOff() function is triggered via LEFT + START (instead of just START).

Have fun testing and give me feedback in the original thread on GBA Temp!!

4. Cha0s Em3rald

[​IMG]

@Everyone, there is a new release, with these changes:

• Encrypting CIA files (shallow only for now)
    • Encrypting NCCH/NCSD files
    • Decrypting (&Encrypting) homebrew apps (using FixedKey)
    • More thorough checking to the SeedDB Updater (in some rare cases, seeds were missed previously)
    • Decrypt9 now writes a log ("Decrypt9.log")
    • Includes a hidden screenshot function (press X in menu)
    • Some fixes and cosmetic improvements
    I guess @Asia81 will be pretty happy to hear that he can do screenshots for his tutorials now on his own - keep in mind it only works in menu, though. BTW, a lot of the stuff you did tutorials for in the past now works a lot easier thanks to Decrypt9 [​IMG].

Everything that is new needs to be tested, and testing old stuff makes sense, too. For this release, I especially ask the GW users, @Cenk Akbaba, @Jow Banks, @Smyers75, @Dean_ .

This is what needs to be tested:

1. Decrypt a commercial .3DS rom (something fairly new, needs to have 7x crypto) using the NCCH/NCSD Decryptor. Does it work in GW?
    2. Now, encrypt the .3DS rom you decrypted in step 1. using the NCCH/NCSD Encryptor. Does it work in GW?
    3. Decrypt a legit CIA (you know where to get these) using the CIA Deep Decryptor. Can you install it in GW?
    4. Now, encrypt the CIA you decrypted in step 3. using the CIA Shallow Encryptor. Can you install it now?
    5. Now, repeat steps 3. and 4. with a CIA you could normally install but not play (seed encrypted, f.e., but keep in mind that for decryption you need the seed in your seeddb.bin file).
    If you can only help with part of it, no problem. Just let me know how it works for you!

BTW, I've been thinking about moving the menu to the bottom. This would look something like the thing in the spoiler, and maybe, possibly, there would be more useful info to display on top later. Or I'd use the bottom screen for useful information. I'll have to see...

5. Cha0s Em3rald

Everyone, new release!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

New in this release:

• Reorganized menu structure and cosmetic menu changes (should be more pleasant & easy to navigate now)
    • Added various file dump & inject features (yes, import.db, too)
    • Special CIA Decryptor (GW) added - this keeps GW compatibility and only fully decrypts content 0
    • Tons of under the hood improvements and fixes
    Looking forward to hear your opinions about the new menu & features!

6. Cha0s Em3rald

Finally, a proper release again. And possibly the last one this year. Here's what's new:

• Vastly improved title detection routines for H&S injection
    • Different unlock sequences for SysNAND / EmuNAND writing for additional safety
    • Hidden batch screenshot feature included (left/right + X)
    • Show total SD size and EmuNAND type in main menu
    • Allow dumping/injecting the updatesave file
    • Added scrolling and screenshot (X button) feature for debug output
    • Added code for theming Decrypt9
    • Added various improvements and additional safety clamps
    • Improved the code structure
    As you see, this release is mainly focused on additional safety, imporvement of existing features and cosmetics. Have fun testing (and using) this!

Scrolling and screenshots for debug output work only after the processing is finished, not while Decrypt9 processes the current operation. The improved title detection means that H&S can now be injected on basically any 3DS, except for a few isolated cases were GW has royally messed up the SysNAND.

For the updatesave read here and the previous pages, too. Also check out my new EmuNAND9Tool - testers here know that part of that was initially in unreleased Decrypt9WIP.

7. Cha0s Em3rald

Big release (20160112, the first of the year) today, here's what's new:

• SD Padgen: You can now select exactly which XORpads to generate
    • SD Decryptor: You can now select exactly which file(s) to decrypt.
    • Intelligent input file name selection for NAND restore, NAND partition inject, file inject, H&S inject
    • Output file name selection for NAND backup, NAND partition dump, file dump, H&S dump
    • Enabled generating the FIRM0FIRM1 XORpad, use 3DSFIRMTOOL with this
    • Updated readme file, this time actually useful (read it!) / updates from this release still need to be updated in the readme file
    • Removed references to GW from source code and user interface (CIA Decryptor (for GW) -> CIA Decryptor (CXI only))
    • Tons of under the hood improvements
    • Improved the coding in several places
    The changes to SD Decryptor mean that you no more have to copy around files. You just select what you want decrypted, and Decrypt9 copies the files to your work directory and decrypts them there.

Intelligent input file name selection is pretty neat. For H&S, for example, it means that you can just copy all of Universal Inject Generator's output, and the file name selector will show you each applicable file. For other features, the intelligent input file name selector will show you all the file that resemble the original file name enough and will also use other information to exclude unusable entries.

Now, @MassExplosion213 and @Krude, the FIRM0FIRM1 XORpad feature is included. Let me know if it works for your purposes. As for the improvements to SD Decryptor, @zoogie, you asked for this, and I think that really improves things a lot for everyone who uses the feature regularily. You can still use the old one (as only that one can also encrypt files), and even the SD XORpad generator is much improved.

... and before I forget it, the FIRM XORpad feature was originally introduced by @Shadowtrance , but he was much ahead of time [​IMG].

8. Cha0s Em3rald

9. Cha0s Em3rald

[h=1]Decrypt9WIP all-in-one 20160201[/h]

A maintenance update with a few new features:

• Experimental CIA Encryptor options included
    • Added ability to dump/inject the NNIDsave.bin (this contains your NNID and can be used to reset it)
    • CakeHax entrypoint fixed (experimental, this may break the GW 4.x Launcher.dat browser entrypoint)
    • Confirmation dialog when overwriting existing files
    • Todo: Update the readme for the new features
    Testing the CakeHax entrypoint is highly appreciated. As always, have fun and give me feedback!

10. Cha0s Em3rald

[h=1]Decrypt9UI 2.3.7[/h]

A maintenance update with a few new features:

• Experimental CIA Encryptor options included
    • Added ability to dump/inject the NNIDsave.bin (this contains your NNID and can be used to reset it)
    • CakeHax entrypoint fixed (experimental, this may break the GW 4.x Launcher.dat browser entrypoint)
    • Confirmation dialog when overwriting existing files
    • Todo: Update the readme for the new features
    Testing the CakeHax entrypoint is highly appreciated. As always, have fun and give me feedback!

11. Cha0s Em3rald

[h=1]Decrypt9WIP all-in-one 20160212[/h]

New in this release:

• Multi EmuNAND support thanks to @LinkeneitoR
    • Added preliminary NCCH Secure4 crypto support (needs slot0x11key96.bin)
    • Fixed the FixedKey crypto (this was broken for months and no one noticed)
    • Fixed the GW Launcher.dat entrypoint (was broken by the CakeHax fix)
    I need feedback badly for Multi EmuNAND support and Secure4 crypo support, so I hope you will help. Also, retesting the CakeHax entrypoint, the Launcher.dat entrypoint and decryption of FixedKey encrypted NCCH/3DS makes sense.
    The slot0x11key96.bin file is the same one that is also used by CakesFW, you shouldn't have a hard time hunting that file down.

12. Cha0s Em3rald

[h=1]Decrypt9UI 2.3.8[/h]

New in this release:

• Multi EmuNAND support thanks to @LinkeneitoR
    • Added preliminary NCCH Secure4 crypto support (needs slot0x11key96.bin)
    • Fixed the FixedKey crypto (this was broken for months and no one noticed)
    • Fixed the GW Launcher.dat entrypoint (was broken by the CakeHax fix)
    • Fix console reverse scrolling
    • Fix compiling without logfile feature
    • Alternative progress indicator with theme (progress bar is now on bottom screen with the "Progress" image)
    • Bravely Second demo seed workaround
    I need feedback badly for Multi EmuNAND support and Secure4 crypto support, so I hope you will help. Also, retesting the CakeHax entrypoint, the Launcher.dat entrypoint and decryption of FixedKey encrypted NCCH/3DS makes sense.
    The slot0x11key96.bin file is the same one that is also used by CakesFW, you shouldn't have a hard time hunting that file down.

iHax Comunity/