1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Newbie Here

shakugan16 Jan 9, 2016

1. shakugan16

shakugan16 New Member

Hi, im sorry im new here but planning to buy nintendo 3ds.. Can i buy it without the memory card? coz i have my own sd card and will i able to download the system? Thats the first question, the second one is how to put the game/roms into the 3ds? just copy into memory card then the 3ds able to launch it? sorry if i ask alot

2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Chaos Immortal Staff Member Administrator

Question 1 . Some consoles come with an SD card, some don't. it doesn't matter though as you can put any SD card in it & the files for the console will be created
    Question 2 . If you want to use 3DS ROMs on your new console you will need a flashcard, Gateway if your console is on 4.5-9.2 or Sky3DS if the console is on a higher firmware, the 3DS ROMs you put on a micro SD card that goes in the flashcard

If you don't want to pay for a flashcard & the console is on 4.5-9.2 you can install a CFW like rxTools, ReiNand, Cakes etc then you can install games in .cia format onto your SD card that goes in your console. If you get a 3DS console that is on a firmware above 9.2 there are now methods to downgrade it to 9.2 or below so a CFW can be used

3. shakugan16

shakugan16 New Member

thanks for the info =D so it wont need redeem code like ps vita?

4. Rohul1997

Rohul1997 Chaos Elite Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Nope nothing like ps vita

5. shakugan16

shakugan16 New Member

i dont really understand but what i do understand is that if my console on 4.5 - 9.2 i can just copy the roms onto sd card then put it into the gateway and launch the game on console? what you mean by flashcard? is it sd card?

iHax Comunity/