1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Help Question about SD File Managment & NTR on the N3DS / XL

Christano Nov 27, 2016

1. Christano

Christano New Member

Hi there,

First question:

i'm curious about the file management generally on the N3DS. So there is the option in the settings where you can directly connect with your PC and manage your SD Card with WIFI. I do like this function but never tested it tho. And there is also a FTP homebrew which is called ftpd and you can also connect to your PC with that apparently. I'd like to use this function since i'm getting tired with removing the sd card from the New 3DS every time. Which one should i use in this case? can i stay with the original Nintendo function or should i pick up that ftpd and install it?.

Second question:

i've installed BootNTR recently to test it and it works just great surprisingly but how do i remove / uninstall it completely if i want to?. Is it enough to remove the CIA via Settings in this case?. I'm asking that because when i started the BootNTR from the home menu it, well, it booted. And booting means it writes also files into the SD Card right?. I don't want to damage my System with NTR and that's exactly my fear which i have currently.

Best Regards~

2. lordkaos

lordkaos Chaos Contributor

I've been using the SD card management app with my old 3ds as my main way to put files to my SD since my card reader broke, it gets the job done, the only downside is that it is considerably slower than the card reader and sometimes it happened that the connection got lost in the middle of writing a big file, i would recommend it to you if you mainly want to transfer small files like themes, small cias and other files

3. Christano

Christano New Member

Thanks for that info!. I'm using it and it's actually quite ok. It does take a while but for small files it's absolutely managable.

iHax Comunity/