1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

Googledrive [Release] All DSi System Apps (On Your Home Menu!)

Alerdy Sep 5, 2016

1. Alerdy

Alerdy Chaos Contributor Staff Member Uploader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was given a DSi NAND dump by someone who does not want to be named. I​
    decrypted the DSi NAND dump and modified each DSi system app srl that I found so that they could show on the 3DS home menu and converted them to CIA. :)

Three of them did not work at first: DS Download Play, DSi System Settings, and Retail Launcher​
    (Launches the DSi Menu). DS Download Play would not boot no matter what I did to it, so @Apache Thunder sent me his dev DS Download Play srl that worked fine as a CIA. DSi System Settings works if you add the missing files that are in a DSi NAND but are not in the 3DS's TWL NAND into the TWLN. However, if you change the Title ID of System Settings to make it show on the home menu, it will break the modcrypt and won't work. Because of this, I edited the source of Apache Thunder's PictoChat Launcher to make a CTR mode forwarder for DSi System Settings, so that I could boot it from my home menu. To use that forwarder you must have the unmodified DSi System Settings CIA installed as well. Retail Launcher does not work as of now, but @Apache Thunder or maybe even me may find a way to boot it eventually.

The DSi Shop boots but cannot connect to the internet. However, DSi Browser boots and can connect.​
    You can browse the internet just fine. The DSi Nintendo Zone also works, and you can use the offline memo option just fine. There are no more DSi NZone hotspots, so I was not able to test if the 3DS could connect to them. DSi Camera works, but cannot view photos taken with the 3DS Camera. You can view the photos that you take with the DSi Camera with the 3DS Camera though. DSi Sound works like how it did on a DSi, and PictoChat and DS Download Play work the same as well.

The only DSi System App that I did not include is the 3DS Transfer Tool, because that was not in the DSi NAND dump I received.

Download (Google Drive Folder):
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Mirror (.zip - Private Host, Courtesy of JoshuaDoes):
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Thank you @Apache Thunder for explaining some things to me that greatly helped me with this project!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    bypasserS, wja73, emosewa6 and 241 others like this.
  2. wariotails358

wariotails358 New Member

What files should I add to the TWLN partition if I want to have a functioning system settings (DSI)
    From a DSI NAND dump?
    Also The system settings forwarder is missing the text on the top screen.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. Alerdy

Alerdy Chaos Contributor Staff Member Uploader

Once you have dumped your DSi NAND and decrypted and mounted it, you just add any file that is not found on your 3DS's TWLN partition, and overwrite the 0000 file as well. Leave the title and ticket folders alone, do not add anything to them.
    I know.

4. MrHaqs

MrHaqs Chaos Contributor

ooh pictochat seems intresting!

5. Metalliphyll

Metalliphyll Member

how do we dump the Dsi NAND

6. jtvjan

jtvjan New Member

As far as I know, you need a hardmod to do it.

Metalliphyll likes this.
  7. twadebarcelona

twadebarcelona Member

I installed PictoChat, but it doesn't show up on my home screen.

8. Rubberduckyman

Rubberduckyman New Member

is there a chance that you chould PM me the decrypted NAND dump i want to reserch it

9. MeerkatMario

MeerkatMario Member

Any chance you could try to find a NAND dump with 3DS Transfer Tool?

10. Rubberduckyman

Rubberduckyman New Member

how would i do that?

11. Ayden Buckley

Ayden Buckley New Member

Out of all of them, only Pictochat, DSI Sound, and DSI Camera worked.

12. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Member

How do I get system settings to work? is it ctr forwarder file in the gdrive link?

13. xNearEarth

xNearEarth Member

The Pictochat ables talk to someone who has it too?

14. laserarmyguy

laserarmyguy New Member

are these considered legit cias?

15. lorecast162

lorecast162 New Member

How can you unhide the CIAs? I'd like to learn from this.

iHax Comunity/