1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chaos Gamez

View the announcement post made by Webmaster to read what's new, and what's changed with 3dschaos & wiiuchaos.
  3. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
  4. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
  5. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
Dismiss Notice
DMCA Notice

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site

[Tutorial] Backup/Import GBA VC Saves

MattKimura Oct 29, 2016

1. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Fanatic Staff Member VIP

[Guide originally written by pcdemi on Reddit]

This guide will show you how to backup/import saves on your GBA VC games. These saves are universal and can be used with emulators such as VBA-M for example. Have fun importing your old GBA saves into VC games!

Requirements:

Extracting the Save

1. Launch your GBA VC game that you wish to backup the save file for. You don't need to do anything, just launch it, and then close it.

2. Power off the console. Then power it back on while holding the button you have assigned for Hourglass9.

3. Go to,

SysNAND Options,
      Miscellaneous,
      GBA VC Save Dump
    If no errors showed up, then you should have a "gba.sav" file in the files9 folder on your SD card.

Importing a save

Simply use the steps above, but select "GBA VC Save Inject" instead in Hourglass9

lordkaos likes this.
  2. destany

destany New Member

hey i made a vc inject of a game, didnt ghost or shade it and it started looking crappy. so i backed up the save via hourglass9 and deleted said game, used same rom to make a ghost shaded version of the game and opened the game close it then used hourglass9 to inject, says it worked but game still wants me start a new file. so made a file in it real quick and tried again again said it worked but it didn't. anyway i can get my save back? i backed it up on my computer

3. lordkaos

lordkaos Chaos Contributor

thank you so much for this tutorial, I have a lot of gba save games from the psp era (emulator) and was afraid of having to start over those games all over again.

4. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

It's so awesome both sites have been combined!!! MattKimura you're awesome, as you know your stuff and have always been helpful!! On the topic, I was hoping you could help me out with a question I have. So, I recently purchased a 2DS console, installed homebrew, cfw, fbi, luma, CIAngel, and a few games. My question is this: If I wanted to upgrade to a larger capacity SD card, would it be as simple as drag and drop all contents of my current sd to the new one? Or is there a lengthy process?

5. lordkaos

it depends, if you don't have an emunand then you just have to copy all the content inside the old sd card to the new one, and if your new sd card is bigger than 32 GB you'll have to format the card to fat32 with minitool partition wizard.

tomhanks69 likes this.
  6. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

Awesome thanks a lot!! By the way, a new system update came out today. Is it safe to update to it

7. lordkaos

it appears it is safe to update if you have a9lh with sysnand luma, but don't quote me on that since i have only seen a couple of post on gbatemp saying it so since 11.3 came out yesterday.

tomhanks69 likes this.
  8. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

I can confirm this. I just installed the new (11.3-36) update and everything still works great. Thanks lordkaos

iHax Comunity/