Black Screen while Launching GW Menu / Pasta CFW

Discussion in '3DS Help' started by freshgad, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
How to likeprotect your linksReveal download links
  1. freshgad

freshgad Member

I have been struggled on this matter quite a while... I hope someone could help me to get out of this trap...

I got a New3dsLL (Japan) and tried to downgrade it for GW. It seemed successful (down to 9.1) as I could launch Homebrew. However, a black screen was showed soon after I launched GW... I found several solutions online but my 3DS still showed me the 'black face'... I tried PastaCFW, same problem...

I ran 'Download checker', and it showed [0 of 5]. Is it good to go?

Have I missed any steps that cause the problem?

Shall I -
    - upgrade to 10.3 and downgrade again; or
    - downgrade again with the same version (9.1)?

Your reply will be appreciated. Thank you!!

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamerNeoGamer is a Verified  Member VIP
    VIP

Is gateway launcher.dat on the root of your sd card? How are you trying to boot gateway. From the 3dsx from homebrew launcher. Also how do you get into homebrew launcher?

3. freshgad

freshgad Member

Yes, launcher.dat is on the root of the card.

I got into homebrew launcher by "L+Power button" (Menuhax had been installed). I tried scanning the QR code, as well as, typing the address - still no luck to launch GW.

I booted Gateway simply by clicking the gateway icon or holding L button - again - no luck...

Please help and thanks for your reply.

4. NeoGamer

VIP

Can you get to the gateway menu with all the gateway options?
    Have you set up an emunand?

5. NeoGamer

VIP

[​IMG]
    This menu

6. freshgad

freshgad Member

That is where I have got stuck... My 3DS showed a black screen, instead of the menu as your photo...
    Do I have to set up the emunand before booting the menu? If then, how can I do that?

Thank you.

7. NeoGamer

VIP

Yes right take the gateway cartridge out of your 3ds and boot homebrew launcher then click on gateway icon in the homebrew launcher it should take you to the gateway menu. In there click on format emunand. This will delete everything on your sd card so backup everything first on your pc.

8. NeoGamer

VIP

It's trying to boot emunand I think and without emunand it gets stuck. Removing the gateway card from your system should get you to the menu. You can use all there stuff in the menu without the cartridge

9. freshgad

freshgad Member

I didn't put the cartridge in.

I have just booted again... It is still black screen... I cannot launch the menu at all, so I cannot set up the emunand...

10. NeoGamer

VIP

11. freshgad

freshgad Member

12. NeoGamer

VIP

How are you booting homebrew launcher? Which entry point?

13. freshgad

freshgad Member

14. NeoGamer

VIP

I only have one more thing to try. It could be an issue with it being Japan region or some kinda frankenfirmware they call it where not everything has downgraded properly. What your booting is menuhax which boots the boot.3dsx from your sd card. Back that up to pc and take a fresh copy of the GW.3dsx and rename it to boot.3dsx. Then overwrite the boot.3dsx on the root of your sd card with this newly named GW.3dsx(now boot.3dsx). So now when you boot it should try to boot gateway menu. Try that.

15. freshgad

freshgad Member

No luck - black screen... so is it certain that it has been partially downgraded? How can I repair it?

Thanks so much for your reply.

16. NeoGamer

VIP

It sounds like it. Sorry but I've no idea what else to try. It could be partially downgrade or it could be something else. I can only recommend going to the official gateway support forum and asking there. I can link it here for you as there not a competing site to us and are only a support forum. GATEWAY 3DS | MaxConsole sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

17. freshgad

freshgad Member

That's alright. Thank you very much for your help.

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site