Help Downgrade gone wrong?

Discussion in '3DS Help' started by Glaedys, Oct 29, 2016.

Reveal download linksHow to likeprotect your links
  1. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Hello fellow forum dwellers!

Before anything, I would like to point out that this is not my first time downgrading; my o3ds has already been downgraded once and had Luma set up (I basically followed @MattKimura's guide before Arm9loaderhax was out) and everything worked fine.

I upgraded back to whatever newest firmware version it was back then and continued on with my life.
    However, and here is where I think I messed everything up, I downgraded back to 9.2 today and well, I can't boot in emunand anymore. Like before, when I turn on my o3ds it shows the different colored screens but then, where it should autoboot to luma (and then emunand) it boots to homebrew instead and doesn't let me go to the home menu anymore.

TL;DR Downgraded to 9.2, Luma is MIA, Homebrew autoboots instead and can't access Home Menu anymore.

Any help would really be appreciated (I want my games back please).
    Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Glaedys

#1 Glaedys, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend
    VIP

Remove sd card and switch on 3ds and change theme, this will remove menuhax data. Seem its booting menuhax

3. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Hi Neo,
    I tried that already but I still can't access the Home Menu (and therefore can't change themes). Homebrew autoboots and stays no matter what, even after pressing "rebooting to Home Menu" or the option with no reboot, it freezes.

#3 Glaedys, Oct 29, 2016
  4. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend
    VIP

Change the boot.3dsx on your sd card. That should boot luma but i dont know why its not booting without sd card. Find it here Releases · AuroraWright/Luma3DS · GitHub Its in the menuhax folder from the luma release

5. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Thanks for the link, I'll try this out right away. BRB with an update on the situation.

-UPDATE-
    @NeoGamer Ok, I'm sorry, I have a huge headache right now and only now fully understood your first reply. I removed the SD card but it says that it can't change themes without it. I've also tried changing the boot.3dsx file and 3/5 tries it gave me the "pikachu error screen" (freezes at yellow screen) and the other 2 tries froze at the red screen + error message: "An error occurred while loading the next payload. Press key to continue" (if I press any key, it goes back to red and this message).

#5 Glaedys, Oct 29, 2016
  6. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend
    VIP

What have you installed? Have you done a9lh?

7. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend
    VIP

pop the sd card back in after booting then change theme with sd card in

8. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Only what Matt had written on his guide, so Luma and FBI, and a bunch of games but that's it. No, still no a9lh on my 3ds (was going to after I was done with what I wanted to do but this happened).

Ok, done it. Seems like I can access home menu again (system settings show 9.2.0E so I guess I'm on emunand again?) but still no Luma and it looks like the 3ds has been formatted (my games are gone lol).

9. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Chaos Legend
    VIP

Your on system nand. The e doesn't mean emunand. That means Europe region. Follow the guide to get menuhax up and running to boot an emunand. Do you have emunand still there on your sd card from before.

Glaedys likes this.
  10. Glaedys

Glaedys Member

Just how noob can you get lol. Ok, @MattKimura here I go again.

-EDIT-
    I have an Emunand folder on my card yes. And I can't access Homebrew now, same error from before: "error occurred while loading the payload."

#10 Glaedys, Oct 29, 2016
  • About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site