Gateway in Reinand CFW ?

Discussion in '3DS Help' started by nick3264, Apr 13, 2016.

protect your linksHow to likeReveal download links
  1. nick3264

nick3264 Member

Sorry to bother you again, but now I have a new question.

My Gateway card seems to have stopped working. (or I am doing something wrong -hopefully).
    Tried with Zelda game to launch it from Reinand and Sysnand but just the console freezes.

Is possible to use it with Reinand and even add a working Gateway option at CtrBootManager (added the files and configured the boot.cfg file , but I get a black screen only, and a light turns on in my flashcard) ?
    Seen videos of it in youtube , but no tutorials though.

(N3DS - OFW9.0.0.2E / CFW Reinand 3.8)

Thank you in advance for any answer.

2. Rohul1997

Rohul1997 Global Moderator
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Does the Gateway splash screen show?(The red dragon)

3. nick3264

nick3264 Member

Nope. Nothing at all.
    The console just freezes and I have only a totaly black screen.

4. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I may be wrong but it may be caused by the firm ReiNand uses, if you want to use Gateway still you may be better off switching to AuReiNand, with that you can boot 9.0 sysNAND using a lower firm by holding L & launch Gateway using either the browser exploit or the GW loader cia

Give that a try & if it still isn't working you may have something wrong with your GW card

5. nick3264

nick3264 Member

I'll try that as also using the fleshcard in my O3DS and I'll let you know what happend.
    Thank you my friend.

#5 nick3264, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

& you removed all the reinand files from your sd & replaced them with the aureinand files including the files from the FIRMS zip file? (Sorry just trying to cover all the bases).

You could try a different micro sd card if you haven't already just in case there is a problem there

7. nick3264

nick3264 Member

I try in the afternoon both suggestions.

By the way which of all files in firms.zip should I use ?

(N3DS 9.0.0.2E OFW)

8. Rohul1997

Rohul1997 Global Moderator

If your using Arm9loaderhax you use the file A9LH/N3DS/firmware90.bin and the file N3DS/firmware.bin and copy them inside the aurei folder.

If your not using Arm9loaderhax then use the file N3DS/firmware.bin and copy them inside the aurei folder.

9. nick3264

nick3264 Member

Life got in the way and I tried the given solutions yesterday.

First of all I 'd like to thank you again for all the help that you guys (and girls ?) tried to provide.

Well...
    my SDCard and also my flashcard work fine.
    Restored Sysnand and tried a couple of times again, but no good.
    I guess there is some kind of non-compatibility between flashcard and CFW or I am missing some steps to complete the whole process (which I cannot find in a tutorial).

Too bad. I liked the idea of being able to install not signed CIAs.

Anyway, now I have a boot menu with a working options of Getway / Sysnand / Homebrew Channel, which isn't that bad (I hated the Zelda mothod of booting Gateway),
    and I can always run emus for that Super Metroid that I still love after almost 20 years since I first played it.

Thanks again.

10. Madridi

Madridi Global Moderator

The problem seems like you tried launching gateway with a non 9.0-9.2 firmware.bin ..

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site