GBA CIAs load in SysNAND, but not in EmuNAND (n3DS, RxTools 10.7)

Discussion in '3DS Help' started by dman1987, Apr 14, 2016.

protect your linksReveal download linksHow to like
  1. dman1987

dman1987 Member

edit: USA console, USA CIA files.

Trying to get the GBA Ambassador titles set up so I can play them from my EmuNAND (where I have all of my other 3DS Virtual Console games). I have them all installed to SysNAND and they load fine (after I installed the AGB_FIRM patch to the NAND, via FBI), but when I try to run them in EmuNAND (RxTools), I just get a black screen. My SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked.

For some background, this is what I did.

1) Download 0004013820000202 ver 4816 with 3DNUS, then patch it with AGB_FIRM Signature Patcher
    2) Boot up 3DS into SysNAND with miniPasta, launch FBI and install the above patched AGB_FIRM to NAND
    3) Install GBA Ambassador CIA (F-Zero) to SD (still using FBI)

Anyway, when I exit and launch via SysNAND (with miniPasta), the game loads fine. So I go on to install the game to EmuNAND:

4) Reboot 3DS, launch RxTools to get into EmuNAND
    5) Install GBA Ambassador CIA (F-Zero) to SD with BBM

When I exit and try to launch this while in EmuNAND, I just get a black screen and have to force shutdown. I saw someone say install AGB_FIRM while in EmuNAND, but when I try that it just says the file already exists and can't be installed (using FBI)

Would anyone be able to help me with this or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? My main goal is just to be able to have the 10 GBA Ambassador titles on my EmuNAND home screen to help complete my Virtual Console collection. Thanks!

#1 dman1987, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Tetlepanquetzal likes this.
  • About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site