[GUIDE] How to auto boot into RxTools without holding on to the L trigger button

Discussion in '3DS Tutorials' started by Rohul1997, Nov 9, 2015.

How to likeReveal download linksprotect your links
  1. Rohul1997

Rohul1997Rohul1997 is a Verified  Member Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

This guide is for users who want to auto boot into RxTools without having to hold onto the L trigger button. Before you start this guide you must already have access to the homebrew launcher and you must already have Menuhax Manager. If you don't have these then I really don't know why your here:p

You may first need to have the original boot.3dsx file in order to get back into homebrew launcher that’s if it already auto boots into RxTools. I personally keep both files and rename them whenever I need them. For the RxTools auto boot I name it bootRX.3dsx and for the homebrew launcher I name it bootHBL.3dsx. When I want to use one of these I rename it to boot.3dsx.

OK turn on your 3DS and hold the L trigger button and it should crash, change into colours and then go into the homebrew launcher menu.
    [​IMG]

Now scroll down onto Menuhax Manager and tap on it.
    [​IMG]

You should now be directed to this screen:
    [​IMG]

Now press down 2 times and the arrow should be pointing on "Configure/check haxx trigger button(s) which can override the default setting." Then press A to select it. Then press A again.
    [​IMG]

Now you should be on a screen with 3 options. Press Down once and press A to select the option "Type2: Only trigger the haxx when the PAD state doesn't match the specified value."
    [​IMG]

Next Press and hold the L trigger button and tap the touch screen at the same time. You should then see a message saying it has been successful. Now press A to continue, then press B and then press the Start button to go back into the homebrew launcher and then press the power button to switch off the 3DS.
    [​IMG]

Finally take out your SD card and put it onto your computer. Then rename or put RxTools boot.3dsx file onto your SD card. Put the SD card back into your 3DS and then turn it on it should go into 2 crash screens.
    Congratulations you have now auto booted into RxTools without holding the L trigger button.:woot:
    If you hold the L trigger button you should boot into SYSNAND as normal.

#1 Rohul1997, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. uploadmaster

uploadmaster Guest

There's something I don't understood.

Is it possible to install menuhax with sysNAND 4.x?

3. Rohul1997

I don't think there is. I was once looking to put homebrew launcher on my 3ds 6.4 but I had no luck so I ended up updating to 9.2.

4. MattKimura

MattKimuraMattKimura is a Verified  Member Chaos Fanatic
    Staff Member VIP

Can we get a guide on how to get Homemenuhax going? The site can use one!

5. Rohul1997

6. JediAviator

JediAviator Well-Known Member

Hey there, first time doing this...
    My sysNAND is at 10.2
    I tried to do your guide step by step,
    Think my menuhax was version 2.2, followed every step but once I got to the end :
    "Finally take out your SD card and put it onto your computer. Then rename or put RxTools boot.3dsx file onto your SD card. Put the SD card back into your 3DS and then turn it on it should go into 2 crash screens."
    Do you mean the Rxtools.3dsx needs to be in the root of the sd card? I have to rename it? I also have a file "rxtools.smdh" should I leave that in the SD/3DS folder?
    Thanks for the help.

7. Rohul1997

Yh rename rxtools.3dsx to boot.3dsx and put it in the root of your sd card

8. JediAviator

JediAviator Well-Known Member

It works now, thank you. But since I'm a noob, was wondering if rxtools just runs as a emuNAND now as it boots up?

9. Rohul1997

[MENTION=10223]JediAviator[/MENTION] Yes it will auto boot into emunand

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site