How to reset NNID in emuNAND without formatting

Discussion in '3DS Tutorials' started by eazy1004, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
Reveal download linksHow to likeprotect your links
  1. eazy1004

eazy1004 New Member

Download this NNIDSave.bin file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g96tls1krt31n5/nnidsave.bin?dl=1

Put it on the root of your SD Card.

Run Decrypt9 from the Homebrew Launcher,
    Select "EmuNAND options" then select "File Inject" Select "Inject nnidsave.bin" it will ask you "if you wish to proceed, enter: <Left>,<Right>,<Down>,<Up>,<A>." it will then say "use arrow keys and a to choose a file" just press "a" to inject the "nnidsave.bin".once it is done it will say "succeeded!" then press start, reboot into emunand and create a new NNID. done!

NOTE! If decrypt9 don't see the nnidsave.bin on your sd card, download this version of decrypt9:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/he3769bubzmnb2q/Decrypt9WIP.zip?dl=1

if you change your NNID, any content associated or downloaded with other NNID's will no longer work. that is highly recommended to backup your original emunand NNIDSAVE.BIN

MrHaqs likes this.
  2. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Fanatic
    Staff Member VIP

This is very useful! Especially in cases where people use system settings to format and separate the nands. With this, I can now direct them to remove the NNID from emunand, then add the same NNID again so that it's not problematic anymore.

Back in the day, I had to make them backup emunand, use tinyformat, restore the backup.

3. eazy1004

eazy1004 New Member

i know, when i first bought my NEW 3DS XL, the guy i bought it from had installed a CFW on it. it had HIS NNID on it and i couldnt really do anything with the eshop or even download updates for games because i didnt know his password and i no longer was in contact with the guy. so, for a while i didnt care but then i wanted to update some 3ds games and i found this so that i can reset the NNID in emunand without having to format or do anything else and finally update my games!

4. rocknard

rocknard Active Member

Do i need a CFW for sure? No Gateway?

P.s.: does the nnid stored into emunand dump?

5. MrHaqs

MrHaqs Chaos Contributor

This would have been so much more useful to me if I didn't install a9lh.

6. lelecureuil

lelecureuil New Member

have you found a similar solution for a9lh?

7. MrHaqs

MrHaqs Chaos Contributor

No point I installed a9lh to fix this problem so I could use multiple nands Its no use now. FML

8. lelecureuil

lelecureuil New Member

(turns out you just have to do it with sysNAND if you have a9lh but tread carefully obv)

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site