Moon Chronicles and Mini Mario Questions

Discussion in '3DS Help' started by gamecaptor, May 12, 2016.

Reveal download linksHow to likeprotect your links
  1. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

I installed Moon Chronicles some time ago and finally got around to firing it up. It was asking for an update so I went ahead and did it. The download would get to 99% then would give me an error (005-8034). I spoke with Cha0s Em3rald and said this was an (rare) issue with converting .3ds to .cia (specifically with 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3). I then saw that a “Rev 1” release of Moon Chronicles was released. I uninstalled the previous one (the one that would stick at 99% when doing the download) and installed the new Rev 1 version. Interestingly enough it still wants to do an update and sticks at 99% (same error). I would assume the Rev 1 includes the update? Or is this similar to IronFall where because it's episodic it wants to download a DLC portion of the game?

Also, I installed Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo (no-intro release) and it would lock up when trying to load (just sit at the 3DS screen). Again this was a .3ds file that was converted to a .cia file (via 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3). I uninstalled it and tried to re-download the game from the eShop and it also downloads to 99% and gives a 005-8034 error.

Got any advice for me?

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamerNeoGamer is a Verified  Member Chaos Legend
    VIP

use Rohuls version of moon chronicals here http://3dschaos.com/threads/rohul1997-cias-added-picross-e4-e-15-04-2016.232/ theres the dlc for it here too

Rohul1997 likes this.
  3. NeoGamer

VIP

4. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

Thanks NeoGamer. I will grab the files BUT I would like to wrap my head around why this happens and how to fix it. Knowledge is power! :)

I know you can delete the TitleIDs from the 3DS (and that it's risky), but if I uninstall the game and delete the TitleID from the ticket and then re-install the Rev 1 would that work?

5. NeoGamer

VIP

It can be a number of things. Are you actually using a USA console for a start cause you can't download updates for USA game on a euro or Japan 3ds. Second sometimes when a cia is converted and modified things like this can happen. It's happened to me a few times. We know how to fix certain games too that have this update nag and we know why it happens and it can't be helped but can be fixed.

6. NeoGamer

VIP

And not sure on your second question as you may have a bad ticket now and it's not something I mess with or know anything about. Sorry

Rohul1997 likes this.
  7. Rohul1997

Rohul1997Rohul1997 is a Verified  Member Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Like NeoGamer said it's not possible to redownload a game with a bad ticket.
    To further investigate your problem we need more info.
    What region console are you your using?
    What CFW are you using?
    What region is the mini mario game?

8. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

Ah, I should have included that info in the beginning :)

I have a USA New 3DS XL running A9LH Luma3DS v5.4.

Mini Mario was the USA release.

9. Rohul1997

10. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

Hum, don't think so. It's which ever one is verified in the No-Intro 3DS DLC DAT.

11. Rohul1997

Try the one I linked to. The one you used probably wasn't cryptofixed.

12. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

A little update to this. I've been doing some reading and learning; trying to get a better understanding of it all.

For Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo I found the ticket number and deleted it via FBI. I then used CIAngel to download a new CIA file. I installed it via FBI and it started just fine.

For Moon Chronicles I uninstalled it from my 3DS, I then found the ticket number and deleted it via FBI. I then used 3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3 to convert the No-Intro Rev 1 release to a CIA file. I installed it via FBI and I encountered the same issue, it was telling me it wanted an update and when I tried it would kick out an error at 99%. I am making an assuming that "Rev 1" would already include this update, but that must not be the case. I then uninstalled it, deleted the ticket and downloaded a CIA file via CIAngel and installed it via FBI. This time it was NOT asking for an update (and the game started just fine).

So everything seems to work fine now, but I can't help that I'm missing something. It was too easy.

13. NeoGamer

VIP

Just for information that there are a number of scene roms that when converted to cia have this update nag. We've come across around 10 or so. They have no update as explained and won't update. Have you got the dlc working with cia you made. The dlc contains all 3 other parts of the game. Glad your sorted.

Rohul1997 likes this.
  14. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

Good question. I downloaded Moon Chronicles DLC via CIAngel and installed it via FBI and it worked.

So that bears the question, why isn't this the end-all to 3DS downloads? If it can download stuff directly to your 3DS what else is needed? There must be a downside to this (i.e. it can't be this easy)?

15. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3raldCha0s Em3rald is a Verified  Member Retired Admin
    VIP

.cia is a more natural form for 3DS games but it won't be the end to .3ds.

.3ds is the format 3DS content has been shared in since the scene for 3DS games was born (apart from a small amount of .cia releases) so it is the format that will continue until the 3DS scene comes to an end

gamecaptor and Rohul1997 like this.
  16. gamecaptor

gamecaptor Active Member

You must be reading my question from the no-intro forum :)

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site