Translation .3ds .cia Multihoster Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector - English Menu Patch (CIA+3DS)

Discussion in 'Rom Hack/Translation/Patch Downloads' started by Lycanroc, Jun 15, 2017.

Reveal download linksprotect your linksHow to like
  1. Lycanroc

LycanrocLycanroc is a Verified  Member Global Moderator
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey guys and gals! I am currently working on an English translation of Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector for Nintendo 3DS.

In Neko Atsume, gameplay revolves around the player purchasing food, toys, and furniture to attract a variety of cats to the player's home. The player can watch cats interact with objects, take photos of them which can be saved in an album, and receive gifts of fish and mementos from them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Current progress:

Menu graphics: 100%
    Everything else: 0%

Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not showing you any screenshots of the top screen in-game because it mostly looks like this:

[​IMG] (dat butt)

Also, for those that are new to the game, the tutorial makes you quit the game for a few seconds in order for a cat to appear (they're shy, they won't come when you're looking). So, when you come across this screen during the tutorial, don't assume your game froze, it's just telling you to go back to the menu and come back (press the HOME button and "Resume" right away):

[​IMG]

So as you can see I've translated all of the menu graphics, but game text, cat names, item names, descriptions etc. are still in Japanese. That is because the menu textures use the simple .CTPK format which can be easily unpacked and repacked, while the text is stored in an .EVT file, which hasn't been documented yet.
    Thankfully, the developer of Kuriimu (appropriate name), IcySon55 is working on a Kuriimu plugin that should allow us to easily edit the text.
    Oh, and by the way, the .EVT file already contains the whole English localization, which goes completely unused in the game for some reason. That means that "translating" the .evt file shouldn't take too long once the editing becomes possible.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download links:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Password: Lycanroc

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Credits:

Lycanroc - Project lead, graphics
    IcySon55 - Hacker
    Nagato - Creating the CTPK tool

2. Nailme

NailmeNailme is a Verified  Member Super Uploader
    Donator Super Uploader

Just liked it for all the time and effort you have put into this! Good job.

rinnyaa and Lycanroc like this.
  3. salford gunstar

salford gunstar Well-Known Member

i will wait till there is a bit more done on t5his, but big respect this looks pretty cool, my son would love this

Lycanroc likes this.
  4. Lycanroc

There's also a mobile version in English if you're interested, that's actually where like 70% of the textures I used in this patch comes from.
    Android
    iOS

salford gunstar likes this.
  5. erman1337

erman1337 New Member

I'm more impressed at how you managed to fit a 307MB CIA file into a 27MB RAR archive o_O

Lycanroc likes this.
  6. Lycanroc

That amazed me too! I'm guessing that's because there are like 4000 .ctpk files in the CIA, and those compress quite well haha

7. justaneet

justaneet Member

Thank you so much for this!! I had been looking forward to this, and it's everything I hoped it would be! Now, to enjoy having my kitties on 3ds~!

Lycanroc likes this.
  8. rinnyaa

rinnyaa Uploader
    Uploader

I wish I can help too..I do not really know how to hack 3DS games..

Lycanroc likes this.
  9. Lycanroc

It's fine, the text editing should be fairly simple once the Kuriimu plugin is ready ;)

rinnyaa likes this.
  10. rinnyaa

rinnyaa Uploader
    Uploader

Oh I see..thank you for the game! I am still waiting someone uploads himouto umaru chan ahaha...

Lycanroc likes this.
  11. salford gunstar

salford gunstar Well-Known Member

thanks so much for the links, thats really good of you, i use android, my son ios so we both happy, appreciated

Lycanroc likes this.
  12. Brayton1234567

Brayton1234567 New Member

Thanks!

Lycanroc likes this.
  • About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site