Mega.nz Pop Island and Pop Island Paperfield NTR (DS) mode demos

Discussion in 'Game ROM Downloads' started by Alerdy, Jun 4, 2016.

protect your linksReveal download linksHow to like
  1. Alerdy

Alerdy Romhacker
    Staff Member Developer Romhacker

Alright, this is just something I found while looking in some DSiWare srls.

[​IMG]

I remembered that Pop Island had a DLP demo that you could send to a regular DS (or a DSi/3DS).
    So I decided to see if I could find the DLP demo in the data. Sure enough, it was there! :p

I tried opening it in desmume, and it made it to the title screen, then it just hangs. It freezes on my flashcart, and whitescreens through HBMenu. I am not going to try it as a CIA, because Pop Island is already available as a DSiWare, so that would be pointless. :p

I plan on doing more tests with it, but I figured I could share it too, in case anyone else wants them. I also got the DLP demo from Pop Island: Paperfield for completion :D

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    UPDATE: I tried converting it to a CIA and got the non-instant error screen, so I guess that doesn't work. Also, CTR says the demo nds is a DSiWare, which is strange, because it is not.
    I didn't really expect much from this, I just thought it was interesting, which it really actually is. :D
    Also, the demo (for Pop Island, not Paperfield) is 96 blocks and the DSiWare is 97. This leads me to believe that the srl is DSi Enhanced and runs the demo if it detects NTR mode and runs the full version when TWL mode is detected. This may be why it whitescreened in HBMenu (other demos work in HBMenu). Maybe it reads all of it's data from the arm7 (which is loaded into the RAM) but the TWL one just saves to NAND?
    Pop Island is a very interesting DSiWare. I'll leave it at that.

#1 Alerdy, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    HarmlessTrust and Voxel Studios like this.
  2. Akawashi

Akawashi Moflex Video Uploader
    Staff Member Uploader

This would be REALLY good if you could use that download data to exploit a system on 11.0 to downgrade to 10.4 etc.
    it looks like a good way to inject an exploit by modifying the DLP Demo and sending it to an unhacked 3DS (With HB Starter on SD) to downgrade like DSiWareHax... (Thinking of it... would the data from the hacked Feildrunners save be useful in this process?

3. Alerdy

Alerdy Romhacker
    Staff Member Developer Romhacker

That all would be possible actually, except for two things:
    1. The DLP demo runs in NTR mode, and fwTool is a TWL homebrew.
    2. You can only send signed demos over download play, and fwTool is a homebrew so it is not signed.
    No, but fwTool definitely would be.

HarmlessTrust likes this.
  4. Akawashi

Akawashi Moflex Video Uploader
    Staff Member Uploader

Mm... :/
    --- Post merged ---
    Can it be edited for NTR Compatibility?
    The Data would be the hacked dlp... it would be signed as the original dlp (It's original Signiture), but would actually contain the Hax exploit (fwTool).
    And the Homebrew menu and update files would be on the SD, ready to be accessed. Once on 10.7/10.4 it would be a piece of cake getting it down to 9.0, installing rednand, downgrading to 2.4, installing A9LH, get OTP, then update cfw to 11.0.
    ... In an Ideal World that is :/

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site