reasons to downgrade/update your 3ds to fw 9.2

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hillebrand, May 10, 2016.

?

should I downgrade to 9.2?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
How to likeReveal download linksprotect your links
  1. hillebrand

hillebrand Member

what a kind of things change when I will downgrade it? and are there a lot of games that i can't play anymore?

2. Liam

Liam New Member

Well you can run custom firmwares and use RxTools, pirate games (like installing free versions of games to have a build in homebrew launcher etc) and all games work on this. I'm sure this also gives you access to a non-crashing way into the eShop and also eShop with old update titles such as Ironfall 1.0.
    There's a small chance you might softbrick you're system though, so I'd recommend looking up a tutorial before you try it. ALSO MAKE SURE TO MAKE A NAND BACKUP IF POSSIBLE!

kelseymarie805 likes this.
  3. nalisarc

nalisarc Member

I just used this guide:
    Part 1 (Homebrew) · Plailect/Guide Wiki · GitHub
    a few days ago to downgrade my N3ds Xl to 9.2 and then install Luma3ds, and there are so many pros. If you Downgrade you can install a custom firmware(cfw) that let you run your own software or install pirated games. And I would say it's worth it.
    Don't get me wrong downgrading is not without risk. But there are enough good tools these days that make the process as easy as following some instructions.

If you go threw and follow up with hacking the processor boot speed is on par with an unhacked system and you get all the pros of a cfw. But it can take a long time and there is a possibility (albeit small should you follow the instructions) of bricking your console.
    But if you have questions this form is great for asking them!

4. hillebrand

hillebrand Member

And what if i am on v11.0.0-33E. I updated my 3ds accidentally. I do not know if it matters but I have a flash card (sky3ds blue) through my flashcard I used homebrew with ninjhax but that one does not longer work on v11.0.0-33. o_O
    --- Post merged ---
    And what if i am on v11.0.0-33E. I updated my 3ds accidentally. I do not know if it matters but I have a flash card (sky3ds blue) through my flashcard I used homebrew with ninjhax but that one does not longer work on v11.0.0-33. o_O

5. DarkFlare

DarkFlare Active Member

9.2 is considered the ideal firmware. Everything you can do on any firmware, you can do on 9.2, thanks to emuNAND. Most stuff is designed for 9.2 nowadays, as the DS Profile Exploit is starting to becoming obsolete.

To play online, create an emuNAND and update it to 11.0 so you have the benefits of both worlds. There is nothing lost when downgrading, only more opportunities.

6. hillebrand

hillebrand Member

Thanks I will read something more about emuNAND because i wanna play online. And another question can i also play Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer on my 9.2 firmware with a emuNAND with the version 11.0.
    --- Post merged ---
    Another question :D If i downgrade to 9.2 install rxtools and make an emunand unlike them download/installing tickets on my emunand 9.2 update my emunand to 11.0 then download the redownload the games from the eshop. is this possible or is there an more easy way to do something like this?

7. Margen67

Margen67 New Member

With A9LH you could use SysNAND instead of emuNAND.

8. hillebrand

hillebrand Member

Can you explain it a little bit more please or do you have a treat about it. When I use that the games are on my sysnand and not on emunand and i dont have to update my sysnand for animal crossing happy home desiger because I want to stay on 9.2 on my sysnand

9. NeoGamer

NeoGamerNeoGamer is a Verified  Member Chaos Legend
    VIP

You use a cfw that use a higher native firm. For instance if you use luma or reinand you can boot into system nand with a 10.4 firm and it will play fine. The same with cakes if you use the 10.4 firm and boot system nand it will play games that are needing a higher firm to play.

10. NeoGamer

NeoGamerNeoGamer is a Verified  Member Chaos Legend
    VIP

And you would cryptofix the game as well.

11. Margen67

Margen67 New Member

If you use A9LH the 3DS stays exploitable so you can update your SysNAND.

12. thunderkai

thunderkai Well-Known Member
    VIP

13. hillebrand

hillebrand Member

Thanks i will give it a try

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site