Googledrive [Release] Pokémon Mischievous Moon (Pokémon Moon ROM Hack) New Version Out Now!

Discussion in 'CIA Format Game Downloads' started by Alerdy, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Alerdy

AlerdyAlerdy is a Verified  Member Romhacker
    Staff Member Developer Romhacker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the release thread for Pokémon Mischievous Moon, which is actually the first public Gen 7 ROM hack.

This hack is mainly for original 3DS users ("old" 3DS and "old" 3DS XL) who want to be able to use cheats with Pokémon Sun and Moon, but do not have a separate, hacked New 3DS or a Gateway card.

The first Pokémon game that I have ever played was Pokémon Sapphire. I was too young to really understand anything, but by the time Gen 4 came out, I was old enough to understand Pokémon. I bought Pokémon Diamond from GameStop, and also recieved a Jirachi that same day from an event. I had lots of fun playing this game, and after I beat it, I found out about a device called Action Replay. I read about it and was fascinated! I eventually convinced my parents to let me buy one, and I had fun using cheats on Pokémon Diamond. My favorite cheat was the "Walk Through Walls" cheat. If you aren't familiar with this cheat, it allowed you to walk anywhere, through anything! I reset the game and tried to beat the whole game avoiding as much as I could by walking around events. It was so fun. After Gen 4, I stopped playing until now. I started playing Sun and Moon. While playing, I remembered all of the cheats I used and I was saddened that I couldn't use NTR cheats with Sun and Moon on my 3DS. I did not let this stop me.

I was determined to find a way to use these cheats with Sun and Moon. Eventually I found a post about how to convert Gateshark cheats to code.bin ASM edits. I converted a lot of cheats. After that, I thought about everyone else who might want to mess with Gen 7 with these cheats, so I decided to release them. I though of the name Mischievous Moon, because people who are mischievous disobey or cause bad things to happen, and these cheats also do this.
    Features: (Green = New)
    • (Rushed) Custom Banner and Icon
    • 100% Catch Rate
    • Exp. Multiplier x100
    • Instant Messages
    • Walk/Run Speed x2 (Walk Through Walls When Running)
    • No Outlines
    • Infinite QR Code Scans
    • TMs Work on Any Pokemon
    • Instant Egg Hatching
    • Able to Rename Outsider Pokemon in Name Rater
    • All Pokemon Shiny (Unless Shiny Locked)
    • Text edits (Minor story change!)
    • Use Z-Moves Without Z-Crystal
    Things That May Be Added In the Future:
    • Better Banner (Possibly 3D)
    • Witty Text Edits
    • Randomized Wild Pokemon
    • Custom Title Screen (The Mobiclip Encoder kept giving me errors, so I didn’t bother with it for this release)

Downloads:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Thank you cots for making a new banner!

Keep in mind that this hack is being worked on constantly, so there is more to come!

#1 Alerdy, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    markrele, febrian, Glayed and 458 others like this.
  2. Akawashi

Akawashi Moflex Video Uploader
    Staff Member Uploader

Hey pal... just a couple of suggestions:

1. Could the exp all item be changed so that when it's on, the exp multiplier code is on, and when u deactivate exp all it turns the code off? (Good replacement for Exp-All.)
    2. I personally don't always like shinys / I want normal AND shiny... could the "all pokemon are shiny" code be toggled on/off with select button? (I don't think the select button is used outside the menu's... if at all.)
    3. can you change the "slow text" option in the settings menu to have instant messages code when selected? (giving the option to have it or not.) (who uses slow text anyways?? replace it with instant.)
    4. using incompatible TM's makes a pokemon illegal... does this code make every TM say "compatible"?
    or does it let you teach a pokemon that says "Incompatible"? (this makes it easier to keep track of illegal moves.)

let me know if u want me to clarify anything. :)

other than that, excellent job! i hope to see more like this... o3ds/o3dsxl need love too :D
    (maybe smash bros next? :D)

3. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Member

I agree, implementing these suggestions could make the hack a lot better. :)
    However, I don't think the select button can be used (official developers aren't even given access to it in the SDK) as different from the start button. It's a hack, so maybe, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. AnnaTheFurry

AnnaTheFurry Member

where should I put the code.bin?

5. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Member

On the latest luma nightly, SD:/luma/titles/0004000000175E00/code.bin
    (assuming you have a US 3ds and a US copy of the game)
    Remember, this only works on moon

6. AnnaTheFurry

AnnaTheFurry Member

thanks (good thing I picked moon)
    mmm... then I should use a nighly build and not the official build, right?
    I found these: Alex's Luma3DS Builds

Are these ok?

edit: got it working, thanks for your help :3

#6 AnnaTheFurry, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  7. _Vinny_

_Vinny_ Member

Can I have Pokemon Moon and Pokémon Mischievous Moon installed at the same time on my 3ds? Also, not share the save between its? Every version have your save files?

8. MrHaqs

MrHaqs Chaos Contributor

FOR SUN ! FOR SUN

svilesis, Müller, maxel and 2 others like this.
  9. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it will be suicidal trying to play online with this? Or is it actually safe?

10. freezeyxkx

freezeyxkx Active Member

I'd say it should be safe but

11. Akawashi

Akawashi Moflex Video Uploader
    Staff Member Uploader

some action replay codes require the select button, the AR code IS there, AR codes can be converted from Action Replay > Gameshark > Gateshark > ntr ... so theoreticly, it could be converted to code.bin.

svilesis, maxel and young Mc like this.
  12. Xeno12345

Xeno12345 Member

Can you give us the code.bin with just the no-outline patch :3?

13. AnnaTheFurry

AnnaTheFurry Member

MEGA
    Here you go...

Alerdy, if you want to add this to your post or want me to delete it please let me know

I think Mischievous Moon uses the same title id as Moon so... no(?)

But I'm not sure, I use the code.bin version myself

14. _Vinny_

_Vinny_ Member

Anyway to change the titleid?

15. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Member

Please make a Sinful Sun version of this...
    I'll name my first child after you :p

16. AnnaTheFurry

AnnaTheFurry Member

#16 AnnaTheFurry, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  17. cloud-strife

cloud-strife Member

Please a Pokemon Sun hacked version !!! :)

18. Petraplexity

Petraplexity Member

All right, everyone.
    Slaving over a hex editor and three windows of a binary file checker for two days straight, I have manually made a code.bin for Sun.
    You're welcome.

MEGA

P.S. I can not 100% guarantee this will always work. I have tested it for 30 minutes, and from what I can tell, it has all the features Alerdy's hack has.
    However, due to the nature of how I made this, it may crash when you try to do certain things. But I personally think you won't have to worry about it. ;)

svilesis, maxel, young Mc and 2 others like this.
  19. Igettäjä

Igettäjä New Member

Thank you, Alerdy, for making this!

I'd personally like if all of the cheats were toggleable in-game. I don't always want them being on.

I also have a feature request: The NTR plugin SUMOHaX has a feature called Save Slot Teleporter, which lets you go to a previous save slot instantly with a button combination. Would it be possible to do the same via the code.bin method? It would be very useful in situations where you might need to soft restart the game to load the save file again – and this takes very long on old 3DS. :/

#19 Igettäjä, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  20. Loric

Loric Member

Title Manager does not show the .cia and FBI do not install it, unfornately :(

maxel and svilesis like this.
  • About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site