Suicide Squad Should Have Been Rated R, Jared Leto Says

Discussion in 'General News' started by News Bot, Aug 8, 2016.

How to likeReveal download linksprotect your links
  1. News Bot

News Bot News Reporter
    Staff Member News Team

Suicide Squad actor Jared Leto, who played Joker in the action movie, has spoken up to say he wishes the record-breaking movie was rated R. He also remarked that he shot enough scenes for an entire Joker movie, though many of these were apparently cut.

"I always wished this film were rated R," Leto told BBC, as reported by Entertainment Weekly. "It felt like, if a film was ever going to be rated R, it should be the one about the villains."

For his part, director David Ayer told MTV News it was always his goal to make the movie PG-13, though he acknowledged that pushing it to R would be something "worth lobbying for."

Suicide Squad did not contain as much footage of the Joker as fans might have expected or wanted. Many of the Joker scenes were cut, and they apparently amounted to enough to fill an entire Joker movie.

"I think that I brought so much to the table in every scene, it was probably more about filtering all of the insanity," Leto said. "Because I wanted to give a lot of options, and I think there's probably enough footage in this film for a Joker movie.

"If I were to die tomorrow, maybe the studio would roll something out. Rated R or rated X performance in there somewhere."

Talking to IGN earlier, Leto remarked that there were "so many" Joker scenes that got cut.

"Were there any that didn't get cut? I'm asking you, were there any that didn't get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn't even start," he said. "I think that the Joker… we did a lot of experimentation on the set, we explored a lot. There's so much that we shot that's not in the film."

Suicide Squad opened on August 5 and brought in more than $260 million worldwide, breaking records. For more, check out GameSpot's review and what other critics are saying.

Continue reading...

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site