[Tutorial] How to use out of region DLC with Luma3DS

Discussion in '3DS Tutorials' started by MattKimura, Oct 11, 2016.

How to likeReveal download linksprotect your links
  1. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Fanatic
    Staff Member VIP

How to use out of region DLC with Luma3DS

If you're using a USA 3DS for example, and you have a EUR game on your system and you wanted to use it's DLC, you normally can't. But since Luma3DS supports language emulation, you can run out of region DLC.
    1. On your SD card, go into the luma folder and create a folder called locales
    2. While booting Luma3DS, hold select to access it's config menu
    3. Enable the option for language emulation, then press start to save and reboot
    4. Download and install the cia for Luma Locale Switcher (Google it, the forum is giving me code issues right now)
    5. Open Luma Locale Switcher, choose your game, set the region to the region of the game, and the language to the language that the game supports (Ex: Japanese if using a Japanese game)
    6. Open the game and try out the DLC, it should work now

How to set it up manually (Old method)

3. On your SD card, go into the luma folder (Create one if you don't have one) and create a folder called "locales"
    Example: SD:/luma/locales/

4. Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com[/URL])
    Example:
    [/B]00040000000EDF00.txt

5. Open[B] the text file and put the region of the game, (for example, EUR) then a space and the language you want (game has to support said language)

List of regions: ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")

List of languages: ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW")

Example: EUR EN

This makes the game think that your system is EUR, and set's the langage to English. If you have a USA 3DS, the EUR DLC should work now.

If you have a EUR 3DS and want to run a USA game's DLC, it would be: USA EN

You can also change the language to anything you want other than English.[/B]

#1 MattKimura, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    oorn, rocknard, inkmatador10 and 5 others like this.
  2. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Another well writen helpful guide, thanks for sharing it @MattKimura

3. MattKimura

MattKimura Chaos Fanatic
    Staff Member VIP

Haha thanks, this is actually the same thread posted again though. I had the other one deleted by Superman.
    I'm having some major issues with the coding on the forum, where a bunch of code gets repeated like [b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ][b ]

That's just an example of what happens. Then if I try deleting it, it comes back. It also does something strange with hyperlinks, I couldn't even link to Luma Locale Switcher in this thread.
    This code issue also affects my DLC List thread, I gave up on trying to fix it. I'm not sure if it's something under my own control or not.

4. Cha0s Em3rald

Cha0s Em3rald Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

@MattKimura not sure what happened with your DLC thread, I'll see if I can fix it when I'm on my PC later

Haider likes this.
  5. SquallAdv

SquallAdv New Member

This tutorial saved my no-life, thanks a lot!!! :D

MattKimura likes this.
  6. simonrule

simonrule New Member

didn't work with fire emblem awakening i'm using us version of the game and the dlc but my 3ds xl is europe version.
    i did choose this USA EN but didn't work
    the problem when i want to access to dlc in the game i get error says that "could not detect sd card" but when i delete the dlc the game detect the sd card

7. Rui Lynn

Rui Lynn New Member

Umm... I'm still a newbie to 3DS. Can anyone tell me how to boot Luma3DS? I don't know how. :(
    By the way, I'm using CFW Luma Permanent 11.3, old 3DS.
    --- Post merged ---
    Nvm, I already find out how to boot Luma3DS. Another problem though, I already did both of these ways you shared, but I still can't use the DLC for Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition (EUR). I wonder why? :(
    It says, "Could not detect SD card." in the game.

• About Us

Chaos Gamez is a friendly online community with our members sharing all the content you will ever need for your 3DS console including games in .3ds & .cia format, updates, DLC, Homebrew, CFW's, Flashcard firmwares, cheats & a variety of content for other platforms. We have all the downloads and games you'll ever need for your WiiU too! Including WiiU USB Ready Games, WUD Files, Game Tickets, and Homebrew! Same applies for NDS Roms, Wii WBFS, GameCube ISOs, and Retro game console ROMs!
  • Donate to the Server

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best security, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to contribute and support the community? We'd really appreciate it!

Become a Donor!
  • Disclaimer

No files are stored on our servers, all links are on external sites. If you have an issue with one of the posts/threads on our site or to make a DMCA report please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the site